A centre for fundamental research
CAS' primary objective is to further excellent research by providing its fellows with uninterrupted time for research.
The Centre is located in beautiful and quiet surroundings in the historical building owned by the Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters at Drammensveien 78 in Oslo.
The CAS Projects
Each year, CAS hosts three research groups working within and across the following fields:
CAS encourages collaboration across disciplinary and national boundaries.
In order for CAS fellows to fully concentrate on their research, the administration:
- Provides accommodation, subsidised daily lunch, and library services and IT services.
- Assists with seminar and conference planning.
- Reimburses CAS fellows' travel expenses immediately after arrival.
- Helps with information about moving to Norway.
- Covers tuition fees for schools and/or kindergartens for fellows bringing family members (based on individual agreements with CAS).
- Provides bright and well-equipped offices, and pleasant common rooms -- including the Turret Room, a spacious lunch and seminar room.