Seminar: Earth Systems Challenges
- (11 May)
- (12 May)
- (13 May)
Seminar at Kongsberg entitled arranged by CAS research project Mantle Dynamics: Linking Surface and Deep processes and PGP (University of Oslo).
Lectures by CAS Fellows:
- Trond Torsvik: "Perfect World: Absolute plate motions for the past 550 million years"
- Rob Van der Voo: "Geometric signatures of continental movements during supercontinent assembly and dispersal"
- Clint Conrad: "50 Years of plate Tectonics, but what is the Driving Force?"
- John Brodholt: "Transport properties from first principles: implications for the lower mantle and D''
- Susanne Buiter: "Could the mantle cause subsidence of the Congo Basin?"
- Carmen Gaina: "Paleocene/eocene catastraophic events recorded by oceanic basin and global Implications"
- Stephanie C. Werner: "Distribution of volcanism, topographic and geoid highs on terrestrial bodies: A comparison"