- (9 Oct)
- (10 Oct)
On October 9th, there was a conference in Oslo, Ancient Happiness. This was a conference with relatively few papers, a commentator to each and ample room for discussion, of which there was plenty.
- Robert Bolton: Scepticism and eudaimonia.
- Comment: Miira Tuominen.
- Jakob Fink: Lecturing on eudaimonia - the perigraphe-structure of the
- Nicomachean Ethics
- Comment: Gösta Grönroos
- Julia Annas: Plato’s Laws and Cicero’s De Legibus.
- Comment: Håvard Løkke
- Terence Irwin: What kind of moral philosophy rests on a mistake?
- Comment: Øyvind Rabbås
- Svavar Hrafn Svavarsson: Two kinds of tranquillity in Sextus Empiricus.
- Comment: Julia Annas
- Eyjólfur K. Emilsson: Happiness, life and time in some ancient philosophers.
- Comment: Alexandrine Schniewind.
Organized by Professors Øivind Andersen and Eyjólfur Kjalar Emilsson, groupleaders of the CAS research project Ethics in Antiquity: The Quest for the Good Life.