The Centre has two printer rooms: in the basement and on the third floor.
If you are using a desktop PC or Mac from CAS, the printer is pre-installed. If you are using your own computer, you need to be connected to the eduroam network using your UiO/CAS user to use the printers.
Installing printer on PC
1. Go to Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners > Add printers
2. On Win10, the printer, named 'ricoh on pullprint', should appear on the list of suggested printers. If not, you need to search for it by clicking 'The printer that I want was't listed', and choose 'Select a shared printer by name'.
On Win7, choose 'Add a network, wireles or Bluetooth printer', and look for the printer named 'ricoh on pullprint'. If it is not listed, click 'The printer that I want isn't listed', and choose 'Select a shared printer by name'.
3. Search for the printer by entering the printer queue name \\pullprint.uio.no\ricoh, and click 'Next'.
4. The printer should now be installed, and you shoul shortly receive a notification on your desktop confirming the installation.
5. On the next screen, you may choose to set this printer as the default printer. Click to add or remove the choice, and click 'Finish'.
Installing printer on Mac
1. Go to System Preferences > Search for and select ‘Printers & Scanners’ panel > Add printer by clicking ‘+’.
If you have a button labelled ‘Advanced’ in the toolbar, click on it and proceed to step 3. If not, follow this step:
2. Right click anywhere on the toolbar in the ‘Add printer’ window, and choose ‘Customize toolbar.’ Move the ‘Advanced’ button to a spot on the toolbar (drag and drop).
3. In the 'Advanced' settings, fill in the following information:
- Type: Windows printer via spoolss
- URL: smb://pullprint.uio.no/ricoh
- Name: ricoh pullprint
- Use: RICOH MP C4504ex
4. Select 'Add'.
You may need to re-enter your UiO/CAS login details the first time you print. If items in your print queue read ‘Hold for Authentication,’ click the refresh button next to it and re-enter your login details.
Use printer queue pullprint_Ricoh.
To print from the terminal, use the lpr command. Example:
$ lpr -P pullprint_ricoh Vedlegg.pdf
Linux users may have some trouble adding and using the print queue. Please contact Dag Christian if you are experiencing any issues.
For all users
Please follow the instructions under Register your key for the printer.
You can also send documents to the printer using UiO’s webprint solution, as described below.
You can print documents from a mobile device, tablet, or from your PC web browser using Mobilprint.
Log in using your UiO/CAS user name and password.
Upload the file as instructed and click ‘Next.’ The document will then be added to the printer queue.
If you have trouble installing and using the printer on Linux, we recommend using Mobileprint.