CAS fellow and project leaders affiliated with UiO can use their UiO employee or student cards on CAS printers.
For the rest of you, you have to register one of your keys in the printing system to use the printers at CAS.
1. Open the document you wish to print, and print it.
2. If you are using a PC or Mac from CAS, the printer is pre-installed. If you are using your own computer, you need to install the printer by following the instructions under Printer setup.
Choose printer called '\\pullprint\ricoh' or 'ricoh on pullprint'. The name of the printer depend on the program you are printing from.
3. Click "Print".
4. You will receive an e-mail with the subject 'SafeCom PUK code'. It contains a 8 digit number you need to enter on the printer the first time you use the printer to register your key. Write down the code and head to the printer.
5. Place your key on the card reader. Remove the key when you hear a beep.
6. You will be asked to enter your PUK code. On the next screen, you will be asked to create a PIN code, and confirm it.
Your key is now registered in the printer system, and you should now be able to print, scan, and copy as many documents as you like.
If you ever forget your key, you can manually log in to the printer by entering you UiO/CAS user name and password.
Note: Documents sent to the printer queue will be removed if not printed after 24 hours.
If you would like some help printing, scanning, or copying, please ask the administration for help.