European Geoscience Union General Assembly, Vienna
- (3 Apr)
- (4 Apr)
- (5 Apr)
- (6 Apr)
- (7 Apr)
- (8 Apr)
Symposium arranged by the CAS research project Mantle Dynamics: Linking Surface and Deep processes.
Lectures by CAS Fellows:
- Reidar G. Trønnes: "Composition, mineral physics and origin of thermochemical piles in the D" zone"
- Rob Van der Voo and Trond H Torsvik: "Linking surface and deep processes in the Paleozoic"
- Stephanie C. Werner and Kevin Burke: "Distribution of volcanism, topographic and geoid highs on terrestrial bodies: A comparison" (solicited)
- Bernhard Steinberger and Trond H. Torsvik: "A geodynamic model of plumes from the margins of Large Low Shear Velocity Provinces" (solicited)
- Clinton Conrad, Bernhard Steinberger, and Trond Torsvik: "Past Mantle Dynamics Revealed by Net Characteristics of Surface Plate Motions"
- Carmen Gaina, Trond H. Torsvik, Steven Cande, Marcel Croon, and Pavel V. Dubrovine: "Global Plate Circuits at Paleocene‐Eocene time"
- Nick J. Kusznir and Trond H. Torsvik: "A Lithospheric Attractor of Mantle Plume Volcanism in the NW Indian Ocean"