You should make sure that you have insurance that covers any damage to property or person during your stay in Norway, and on your travels.

Citizens of the United Kingdom are entitled to health care in the event of acute injury or illness when on a temporary stay in Norway. You should bring an approved ID document when you see a doctor, along with your insurance card or papers.

If you’re living in Norway before the end of 2020, your rights to access healthcare in Norway will stay the same for as long as you remain legally resident.

At the moment, UK nationals usually access the Norwegian healthcare system in one of these ways:

- using a UK-issued European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) for temporary stays

- apply for a voluntary membership in the Norwegian National Insurance Scheme (NNHS) by filing a NAV 02-07.05 application with your local social security office ( (Norwegian).

Note: Membership in the NNHS may be restricted to urgent care coverage.


Remember: In Norway, everyone have to pay a deductible when you go to a public doctor or emergency room.


CAS unfortunately does not have sufficient knowledge of all types of insurance for all countries, so please contact your insurance provider if you need any additional help.


Note: It is important to report your move to Norway if you will be living in Norway for more than six months. Consult the 'Visa information' section for more information.