This section only describes the general prosess for gaining entrance to Norway and may not be valid during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Short-term visits (less than six months)

Citizens of Nordic countries (Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland and Sweden) do not need a residence permit or visa to visit Norway, and do not need to report their move after arrival.

Long-term visits (more than six months)

If your stay exceeds six months, you will need to report your move to Norway no later than eight days after your arrival. To report your move, please visit the Service Centre for Foreign Workers, located at Schweigaards gate 17.

At the Service Centre, take a numbered ticket for the queue, and then fill out the form ‘RF-1401 Notification to the tax office of a move to Norway from abroad.’ (Alternatively, complete the form in advance and bring it to the Service Centre.)

Under section G (‘Do you want the tax office to register a postal address in addition to your home address?’) list CAS' address:

Drammensveien 78
0271 Oslo

For a list of the documentation to bring to the Service Centre, visit the Taxnorway website. Remember to also bring your formal invitation letter from CAS, which details the duration and purpose of your stay.

Note: If you are bringing family members to Norway, all of them must be present at the Service Centre for Foreign Workers for an ID check.